Protimeter Surveymaster Moisture Meter – BLD5365
£363.00 ex VAT (£435.60 inc.)
Protimeter Surveymaster Moisture MeterThe new Protimeter Surveymaster moisture meter represents the latest design and technology in the moisture meter arena. GE pioneered the dual function instrument to combine pin and non-invasive technology into one meter. This release will be the 3rd generation of the globally successful Protimeter Surveymaster. In the early 90s we recognized that both measurement techniques in one easy-to-use meter allows professional to make more reliable measurements as well as quicker decisions with regard to moisture problems in buildings.
The new Protimeter Surveymaster moisture meter represents the latest design and technology in the moisture meter arena. GE pioneered the dual function instrument to combine pin and non-invasive technology into one meter. This release will be the 3rd generation of the globally successful Protimeter Surveymaster. In the early 90s we recognized that both measurement techniques in one easy-to-use meter allows professional to make more reliable measurements as well as quicker decisions with regard to moisture problems in buildings.
- Durable and rugged design
- Measure mode – Direct two-pin measure %WME
- Search mode – Non-invasive measuring – no pin marks left
- Detects moisture directly in materials
- Detects moisture below wall / floor coverings (tile, wood & vinyl)
- Dual Display LCD and LED
- Color changing LEDs to show moisture condition
- Reset reading for sensitivity adjustment
- Not adversely affected by surface moisture such as condensation
- User adjustable features: Auto shut off 1-6 mins, hold feature, backlight on/off, audible on/off, dry, at risk & wet indicator on/off.
The GE Protimeter Surveymaster is ideal for assessing the moisture condition even under a sealed surface like vinyl / wood flooring and tiled walls. The readings are displayed digitally through the built-in LCD display and supported by a color-coded scale enables a simplified method to assess the moisture level at a glance – dry, borderline and damp.
Search Mode – Non-Invasive
The search mode is used to assess the moisture level beneath the surface of solid walls and floors independently of surface conditions. The nominal depth of the measurement is 3/4 inch (19 mm); this depends onthe density and other characteristics of the material being measured. When held against the surface, as shown below, the instrument transmits a signal into the material. The relative moisture level is shown on the digital display and its moisture condition is shown on the accompanying scale of color-coded lights. This measurement presentation helps the user to:
- Look for moisture behind wall and floor coverings, such as tile and vinyl.
- Assess, in relative terms, if the material is in a dry, borderline or damp condition.
- Map the extent of the problem numerically.
- Non-invasive pinless radio frequency finds moisture at depth where moisture is not always directly visible – up to 3/4 in (25.4 mm) below the surface.
- This mode of measurement is not adversely affected by the presence of surface moisture.
Applications: Shower pans, behind ceramic tile, fine finishes, water stains, tile and vinyl floor coverings, joists, around toilets, drywall, below grade floors and walls, plaster, masonry, concrete and concrete block. Note: Metal additives in concrete can create false positive readings.
Measure Mode – Pin-Type
This mode is used to measure the moisture level at the surface and at incremental depth, when used with the auxiliary probes. Measure mode readings are precise and specific to the immediate area of contact of the electrodes. The actual moisture content of wood is shown on the digital display with the corresponding moisture condition shown on the accompanying scale of color-coded lights. Wood Moisture Equivalent (WME) values are shown for other non-conductive, porous building materials.
- Pin-type probes measure moisture in wood and other building materials (use provided wood species calibration chart for more precise readings)
- Deep wall probes establish the presence of moisture in wall cavity insulation, sub and surface structures
- Exterior Insulation and Finished Systems (EIFS) probe finds moisture in exterior insulation finishing systems
- Hammer electrode for wood floor applications
Applications: Wood and wood floors, subfloors, drywall, concrete and concrete block, stucco, plaster, masonry and EIFS.
Reference mode (Patent Pending)
In both Pin and Search mode, GEs patent pending Reference Mode can be used. Reference mode can be useful when trying to establish what materials are above or below a point of reference or dry standard.
Measure the dry standard or baseline material until the meters reading is stable then press for seconds. This will store the reading until the mode changes of the meter turns off. Now all readings taken after will be displayed as normal, but below you will see a second reading that shows you if the material is measured above or below the original reading.
No FAQ Found
Ask A Question
Write Your Question !
You may also like…
£235.00 ex VAT (£282.00 inc.)