The new Protimeter Surveymaster moisture meter represents the latest design and technology in the moisture meter arena. GE pioneered the dual function instrument to combine pin and non-invasive technology into one meter. This release will be the 3rd generation of the globally successful Protimeter Surveymaster. In the early 90s we recognized that both measurement techniques in one easy-to-use meter allows professional to make more reliable measurements as well as quicker decisions with regard to moisture problems in buildings.
- Durable and rugged design
- Measure mode – Direct two-pin measure %WME
- Search mode – Non-invasive measuring – no pin marks left
- Detects moisture directly in materials
- Detects moisture below wall / floor coverings (tile, wood & vinyl)
- Dual Display LCD and LED
- Color changing LEDs to show moisture condition
- Reset reading for sensitivity adjustment
- Not adversely affected by surface moisture such as condensation
- User adjustable features: Auto shut off 1-6 mins, hold feature, backlight on/off, audible on/off, dry, at risk & wet indicator on/off.
The GE Protimeter Surveymaster is ideal for assessing the moisture condition even under a sealed surface like vinyl / wood flooring and tiled walls. The readings are displayed digitally through the built-in LCD display and supported by a color-coded scale enables a simplified method to assess the moisture level at a glance – dry, borderline and damp.
Search Mode – Non-Invasive
The search mode is used to assess the moisture level beneath the surface of solid walls and floors independently of surface conditions. The nominal depth of the measurement is 3/4 inch (19 mm); this depends onthe density and other characteristics of the material being measured. When held against the surface, as shown below, the instrument transmits a signal into the material. The relative moisture level is shown on the digital display and its moisture condition is shown on the accompanying scale of color-coded lights. This measurement presentation helps the user to:
- Look for moisture behind wall and floor coverings, such as tile and vinyl.
- Assess, in relative terms, if the material is in a dry, borderline or damp condition.
- Map the extent of the problem numerically.
- Non-invasive pinless radio frequency finds moisture at depth where moisture is not always directly visible – up to 3/4 in (25.4 mm) below the surface.
- This mode of measurement is not adversely affected by the presence of surface moisture.
Applications: Shower pans, behind ceramic tile, fine finishes, water stains, tile and vinyl floor coverings, joists, around toilets, drywall, below grade floors and walls, plaster, masonry, concrete and concrete block. Note: Metal additives in concrete can create false positive readings.