- PAM Lateral Restraints are manufactured from 304 Austenitic Stainless Steel rods, 8mm in diameter.
- PAM Lateral Restraints are supplied in standard lengths of 1 metre but are available in any length by prior arrangement.
- PAM Lateral Restraints are designed to restrain the whole of the brick outer structure to the floor joists.
- PAM Lateral Restraints can be fitted from outside the property with a minimum of disturbance in most cases just a lifting of the floorboards to determine the position of the joists
- The process would normally be done by using angle straps screwed onto the joists. This has several drawbacks:
- The disturbance caused to the householder is quite considerable.
- The fixing to the joist is only as long as the shear strength of the screw heads.
- If fitted furniture or bathroom suites is in situ, these have to be removed which would involve using specialist trades such as joiners and plumbers.
Lateral restraints can be fitted from outside the property with a minimum of disturbance – in most cases just a lifting of the floorboards to determine the position of the joists.
The same restraint is used to suit different situations, as shown below.
No FAQ Found
Ask A Question